This is an example of a chest that to me is just too humdrum… it lacks pizzazz! It has great bones though, it’s solid oak and a nice size…
Here is the after! I had to do some tightening of the drawers… basically regluing and clamping the sides and reattaching the drawer bottoms to the sides.
I painted the chest in straight up Emperor’s Silk (Annie Sloan Chalk Paint), VERY lightly distressed it and waxed the entire piece with Minwax paste wax.
I removed the wood knobs, which were attached with dowels and took some time to get out, and replaced them with these glass knobs! So much prettier I think!
I sanded the top down (to 220 grit paper) and stained it Walnut.
I think this piece is so much prettier now, certainly worth putting in a place where it will get some attention!
I actually finished this piece some time ago, but for some reason I didn’t do a post on it! I just love the way it turned out and I think this pop of red looks great on this chest!
Thanks for stopping by… until next time!