A Deer in the Woods or Maybe My Family Room
I thought this would be a quick and easy project… it was pretty easy… just not quick.
Materials used: open frame, Duck Egg & Pure White chalk paint, 1/4″ wood board, faux deer antlers, branches, glue, silicone caulk, glazing points & 2 screws with washers.
- Painted the frame with 2 quick coats of Duck Egg and then distressed it
- Cut the backer board to fit the frame
- Painted the board & deer antlers white
Draggedconvinced SAH to go into the woods behind our house to pick up fallen branches for the back of the board.. I’m sure if any of our neighbors saw us they would have wondered what we were doing!
- We brought the branches inside to cut them and attached them to the board with hot glue, that was the time-consuming part. I did some and hubby helped me out while I took some pictures…
Our Weimaraner LOVES sticks.. for a long time he just stood behind my husband, with his head on hubby’s shoulder, eyeballing the sticks (I could almost hear him saying “gimme, gimme, gimme, please, please, please).
- Painted the sticks with white CP
- Put a bead of silicone on the back of the frame and set the board into it, I also tacked in some glazing points for extra stability and left it upside down to cure
- I determined placement of the antlers on the board and then drilled some holes through the board for the screws
- I lined up the antlers on top of the holes and drilled holes into the antlers through the existing holes in the board
- I attached the antlers with screws and washers from the back of the board
- I also added a cleat to the back of the frame to help ensure its stability on the wall
I totally dig this artwork! I love the fact my husband and I worked on it together and it just fits perfectly into our newly painted Family Room.
I Party At:
Transformation Thursday at Shabby Creek Cottage
Funky Junk Interiors
Vintage Wanna Bee
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy
My Romantic Home
I Heart Nap Time
Between U & Me